The Ritsumeikan Trust Personal Information Protection Basic Policy
The Ritsumeikan Trust (hereinafter called "the Academy") will establish independent rules and systems to comply with relevant laws and regulations and other standards regarding the protection of personal information on the Academy students used by the Academy in education and research, and set forth as follows, and implement and maintain, the Personal Information Protection Basic Policy. The matters regarding the handling of personal information for the purpose of academic research will be provided for separately.
To implement this Basic Policy, the Academy will set forth and make public the Ritsumeikan Trust Personal Information Protection Regulations, and familiarize the faculty and staff, etc. (such as officers, teachers, staff members, part-timers, and temporary workers) of the Academy and any persons involved therewith with them.
The Academy will take appropriate information security measures to prevent any loss, destruction, falsification, and leak, etc. of personal information including countermeasures against unauthorized access and computer viruses.
The Academy will obtain personal information by lawful and fair means, without using illegal means. The Academy will also obtain the approval from the subject person of the relevant personal information of the purpose of use, etc. or announce necessary matters on the Academy website.
In case of obtaining personal information indirectly, the Academy will confirm whether the provider has acquired the relevant personal information properly from the subject person, and announce on the Academy website the purpose of use of the personal information and other necessary matters.
The Academy will confirm that the subject person possesses the rights to disclose, correct, suspend, or delete, etc. his or her own personal information, and will respect and respond to such requests from the subject person.
In case of using personal information jointly with a third party or entrusting a third party with personal information to delegate any service, the Academy will investigate such third party and take legally required measures including making a necessary agreement.
The Academy will handle strictly not only personal information on the students enrolled in a school established by the Academy at present or in the past, but also personal information provided by the subject person for the purpose of becoming a student of a school established by the Academy.
The Academy will establish the following principles for obtaining and handling of specific personal information:
- Will use personal information within the scope of the purpose of use at acquisition, exclusively by persons authorized according to the specific business, to the extent required for the performance of such business;
- Will not provide any personal information for a third party, in principle;
- Will not use for unintended purposes, take out from the normal location of use, or transmit externally, or otherwise leak, any personal information;
- Will prohibit persons working for the Academy from letting a third party know with no good reason the content of personal information obtained in the course of business, or using the same for an unjustifiable purpose. This will continuously apply to persons who have left the post pertaining to the relevant business;
- Will not obtain, use, or provide personal information containing the following contents:
Matters regarding thought, faith, or religion; and
Matters which may cause social discrimination.
April 1, 2005
- Ritsumeikan Trust Personal Information Protection Regulations
- Purpose of Use of Retained Personal Data by the Ritsumeikan Trust
- Guidelines for Providing Personal Data for Third Party by the Ritsumeikan Trust
- Procedures of Requesting to the Ritsumeikan Trust for Disclosure, Correction, Suspension, etc. of Personal Data
- Filing of Complaint regarding Personal Information with the Ritsumeikan Trust